- 37 students
- 117 lessons
- 1 quizzes
- 16 week duration
Please at any time you feel you need help do not hesitate to speak to your tutors on practical day or contact us.
- Injury Prevention
- Tissues, Organs, & Neuromuscular Systems
- Back Pain & Critical Care
- What is Physiotherapy?
- What is Sports Physiotherapy?
- Skeletal Muscle Structure
- Neuromuscular System
- Aquatherapy & Hydrotherapy
- Different Therapy Techniques
- Treatment Method
- Physiotherapy For MND Patient
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (MSK)
- TENS Machines
- What is Therapeutic Ultrasound?
Kind of Massages
Massage Therapy with Essential Oils
- What is Aromatherapy?
- History of Aromatherapy
- The Definition of Aromatherapy
- What are Essential Oils?
- Essential Oil Safety Information
- Administration of Essential Oils
- The Art of Blending
- Blending Basics
- Harmonizing Your Blend
- Aromatherapy Baths
- AromathTheerapy for Stress
- Aromatherapy for Children
- Application of Essential Oils
- Table of the Basic Methods of Use of Essential Oils
- The Holistic Approach
- Understanding Disease / Pathology
- The Benefits of a Holistic Aromatherapy Treatment
- Goals and Objectives
- Essential Oils 101
- What is an Essential Oil?
- Essential Oils Used In Medical Hospitals
- Some Hospitals Using Essential Oils
- Using Essential Oils for Kids
- Benefits of Essential Oils in Massage
- Essential Oil Application
- About Dilution, Sensitivity, and Carrier Oils
- What to Know About Essential Oil Sensitivity
- Why Aromatherapy Effects Our Mood
- Essential Oils and Neurotransmitters
- Selecting An Oil for Health & Emotions
- Positive Emotions and Essential Oils That Can Promote Them
- Negative Emotions and Essential Oils That May Heal Them
- How Much to Use and How Often?
- Five Plant Categories
- Testing Essential Oils
- The Chemistry of Essential Oils
Common Essential Oils
Pleraque redargueret deserunt accessio animum dicitur quodsi indoctum interesset his fictas praeponunt tenebris
Acupressure & Massage
Cupiditas alumni artifex contingit sapientis adipiscing rogavit quaerere perge antiquorum scis scriptis
Exams & Assignments
What is Aromatherapy?
Before progressing into Aromatherapy blends and practical usage of essential oils it is important to understand the basics of Aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy by definition “is the practice of using plant oils, including essential oils, for psychological and physical well-being.”
Aromatherapy involves the use of essential oils distilled from the leaves, fruit, roots of plants, as well as bark from trees, moss and even, in some cases, animals, in order to create a therapeutic or emotional sense of wellbeing.
Aromatherapy has wide-ranging benefits, from its use in complementary medicine to the ability to deliver psychological benefits such as relaxation, sensuality, the relief of nervous tension and stress relief to name a few.
Aromatherapy touches all our lives no matter where we live or what we do. A few examples of the effects of Aroma upon our daily lives can be seen in just a few examples:
A quiet walk down a path on a cool summers night, you pass a jasmine in full bloom, its scent fills the air and your mind.
On a shopping trip to the local mall, you pass by a bakery selling hot cinnamon buns still hot from the oven, this drives your senses into overload!
Whenever the aroma brings a feeling that’s Aromatherapy at work. The art of aromatherapy is to harness the power of plant fragrance, by way of one of the over 400 essential oils available, in order to achieve an emotional or therapeutic benefit.
The good news is that with the right essential oils, anyone can use basic aromatherapy methods without intensive training. It is vital that the highest quality essential oils are used. The best news is that The Aromatherapy and Essential Oil Centre carries one of the largest selection of essential oils and aromatherapy products available.